Old Tue, Jan-12-16, 10:27
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
From my long experience with exercise videos, not to mention weight loss gurus, I venture to say that very few of those leaders and promoters have ever been obese at any time in their lives. Most of these people either began their careers as fitness professionals, or gained a few pounds in midlife and came up with a system to fix their changing physiology. Not much of it applies to the problem of obesity in the larger (pardon the expression) sense.
Very valid point, Barb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb
Hence we get the overwhelming popular culture of "eat less, move more" and crazy unsustainable diets. We also get that hopeless statistic that "less than 5% of people who lose weight keep it off."

Sustainable diet is key. It has been that for me.
I had to figure out what would be sustainable for me and I did that. I'm not zero carb or even very low carb. I actually don't count. But, I do not eat pizza, pasta, bread and rarely eat potatoes.
In my experience, during weight loss is the time to figure out how to eat that will be sustainable for life. Not after when you are in maintenance. Dr. Atkins was a wise man putting the OWL carb ladder into his multi phased plan.
I had to change the way I eat permanently. I did that and am 100% comfortable with the way I eat now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I've reached a place of acceptance with how and what I eat and don't eat. I've also reached a level of acceptance with my imperfect body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb
Too simple. You're never going to make any money with a plan like that!
Yup! You got that right! I will never have money as I'm always broke.