#14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 18:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/215.5/185 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstares
I've been using an electronic cigarette for a while now. I don't smoke regular cigs at all and don't miss them one little bit. I consider myself to have quit smoking as much as a person who's given up cigarettes and uses patches or nicotine gum. I've experienced the same health improvements as if I'd just quit smoking cold turkey. Nicotine on it's own is considered to not be much different a health risk than caffeine, both can raise blood pressure. It's mostly the smoke that gets you...whether it's from inhaling cigarette smoke, spending time too close to a beach fire, too much car exhaust around you or inhaling smoke/emissions from any other source...dangerous chemicals are produced/released by combustion. My chances of harming my health or others is much higher if I have a few glasses of wine or associate with someone else who does than they are by using my electronic cigarette. After all, drinking alcohol and getting tipsy is controlled poison. Nicotine, alcohol, certain vitamins and a great many other everyday things around us are extremely toxic if concentrated or purified to finely.

I realize that I'm still addicted to nicotine (and caffeine), but I do believe that using an electronic cigarette is a much safer alternative to smoking for someone who has tried repeatedly to quit and who has proven unlikely to be successful in quitting. In an ideal world addiction wouldn't exist. Besides, I don't have anything else left to give up!

I totally agree!