View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: mine
Stats: 245/229/179 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Beware: Rant coming up......................

That is a very interesting "Test." Considering that it comes from a website that is trying to sell you a book and a program, it is not suprising that the test asks these questions in the manner that they do. It's like when you were in 6th grade and you teased a kid with, "When was the last time you smelled your dog's butt," or "When was the last time your mom kissed the mailman?" These questions are asked SPECIFICALLY to generate a SPECIFIC response.

Answer these questions:

After drinking more than 3 drinks, have you ever wanted "just one more" before last call?
Have you ever drank more than you should have; not want to stop drinking?
Do you ever think about your next drink before you're finished with the first?
Does the sight, smell, or even the thought of a drink, sometimes stimulate you to drink?
Do you sometimes drink just because your friends are?
Do you sometimes go home and have a "Night Cap"?
After many drinks, do you sometimes feel very sluggish, almost drugged?
Do you get anxious Friday at 3pm, knowing you're going to happy hour with friends?
Have you, at times, continued drinking even though you were drunk?
Have you ever had drink after drink Saturday night, then gone to Sunday brunch and had a Bloody Mary or a mimosa?
Have you ever acquiesced to the "Hair of the Dog?"

See, you are an alcoholic too! By sliding the words "ever" and "sometimes" in the "Test" it makes it almost impossible to not answer the question "Yes".
It's like asking if you sometimes drive too fast? Yes, you're a criminal...here's a book that can help.

I don't deny that many people have addictions to carbs. I just wish more people would go to a reputable source (without a money making agenda) to get information.

Sorry Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!