View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-18, 20:43

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Take it from an expert.

Use a heating pad, get those muscles to relax.

I use magnesium, potassium and sodium. small doses 3 times a day.
ALso stretching. Gently.

Not to sound rude, but it sounds like your muscles are out of shape. Just not used to the current demand. Needed more time to slowly work up to it.

This is the time to put weight loss on the back burner, and get your back taken care of ASAP.

For several days of burning pain, I am living with long term pain TWO YEARS LATER. So PLEASE nip this in the bud asap.

Pain causes more tightening of the muscles. Pain must be deminished until the msucles can relax.

WHen I had major surgery and truely needed oxycodon, I took it right on schedule around the clock. Without it I could not move with out screaming pain. My brother the pharmacist suggested breaking up the dosage to taking it every couple of hours so the doses overlapped and I was never without some on board. ALSO HE SAID OTC MEDS CAN WORK BETTER THAN THE SCRIPT MEDS-- so use the OTC stuff. One is better for muscle pain than the other and I cant remember which is which.

So if you are taking 600 mg. and IF that is for 6 hrs, take 300 mg every 3 hours. Yes you need to wake up to take it but at least the pain will be kept lower. He also said to run out is like starting over, dont miss a dose. Keep it up for several days.

ALSO drink water!!!

I realize this is not easy. But your back will thank you.

Hugs.

( I thru my back out today, and spent 4 hours on the couch with heating pad. At its worst, I was on the floor, not able to stand, and trying every stretch to get the spasm to lessen. ANd my breathing was like one uses during labor!!! When spasm decreased I stood up with great use of legs and arms pulling me up, then carefully made my way to a couch. Son got all my treatment stuff. )

Try the back doctors on utube. Do what decreases pain NOT increases pain.