Thread: Exercise on CAD
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-10, 09:52

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Congratulations for successfully losing 100 lbs. by following CAD!

I began exercising one month after beginning CALP. I intended on beginning my exercise schedule two weeks after following the program but I ended up catching the flu and had to recover before I could begin.

I had been overweight for over twenty three of my soon to be forty nine years when I began following the program. I had quite a bit of weight to lose and my purpose for beginning the program was to become fit and healthy as well as weight loss.

I spent many years losing weight and as soon as I returned to my old ways, I would gain it all back, plus more. Since I wanted to become fit and healthy, I knew I had no choice than to begin an exercise program.

Even though I knew that gaining muscle would slow my weight loss, I began my exercise program. My intention was to replace my fat with muscle and since I knew the same amount of muscle is heavier than the same amount fat, I was more than willing to allow the scale to go crazy. The other thing that helped me was knowing that muscle burns fat and I was building a fat burning machine.

I have been working out for two years now and I am fit and healthy underneath the remaining fat that I have left. I am extremely happy that I began exercising when I did because my body is a smaller size at this weight since my body has gained quite a bit of muscle!

The other thing I need to mention regarding my weight loss is that I have been going through the change of life since I began following this way of eating and who knows what havoc that is having on my scale.

The main thing is that I am soon to be 51 years old, 5'3" tall, 162 lbs., and I am wearing a US size 10-12. I have a wonderful body image of myself because I can see the extra pounds hanging off of me and know it is just a matter of time before it disappears completely.

Whatever you choose will be up to you and all I can do is wish you the best!