Old Tue, Dec-02-14, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Hi, and good morning.

i'll be 60, next year.
in 2006 i discovered zero carb eating. i went from Atkins and 40 gr of net carbs per day, since 1973 to zero carb (<20) in 2006.
in 2004, i was diagnosed with severe PMS. they called it PMDD (pre menstrual disphoric disorder) or something like that. my PMS was so bad, and one episode was so bad (lots of wine drinking and a split from a relationship) that my daughter had me committed.. Baker Acted.
when i spoke to psychiatrists they said my PMS was so bad, they needed to put me on all kinds of anti depressants, valium, sleep aids, you name it.. they pumped me up good.

as the zero carb started to take affect and i started seeing all kinds of healing going on.. hair growing, face and skin smoothing out, gum pockets healing, nails growing... all the miracles you see when you remove carbohydrates..
i began to see another thing.. my PMDD started disappearing. No more craziness, lunacy, madness, depression, insomnia, night sweats.. it all began to disappear. then i went off all the medication they put me on. each cycle became easier and easier until i no longer knew when i was going to get my period.

i began dropping weight and inches.
when my period stopped, i had no menopause symptoms.
the night sweats disappeared, no hot flashes, no insomnia, no nothing..
my period gently went away and there were no side affects of going into the next phase of my life.

i took no HRT, i didn't dump coconut oil into my system, no vitamins.. nothing.
all i did was remove carbohydrates, HFCS, grains... everything went.

i was zero carb up until 2012.
as i said, i will be 60, next year and i never experienced the horrible menopause symptoms my best friends experienced.
they told me horrible menopause skips generations..

my mother went mad.
my sister went mad.
my cousins all went mad.
i was mad until i went zero carb.

that's the only thing that changed in my life.
my skin is still smooth, my hair has grown down the middle of my back, my nails are strong, my gums have no pockets, i grew cartilage in my left hip socket, avoiding a hip replacement...
tons of wonderful things happened and the only thing i can come up with is that all the gluten, the HFCS and carbohydrates did not agree with my aging process...

i have never been on medication since 2006.
i sleep like a baby.
my breasts are huge and have grown ridiculously.
and i think i slowed the aging process down because my skin is so smooth,
my hair is so long and i don't look like i'm going to be 60, next year.

i cannot explain it any other way.
i hope this gives hope to some of you.

*** edited to add, my memory is sharp as a tack now, too.
before, my kids used to tease me and say, "Oh mom, you're getting alzheimers."