View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-05-01, 23:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Go for it, Kelsie!

Wendy's right....the best way to handle induction (and indeed LC in general) is to be prepared with plenty of LC food and snacks on hand at all times. I cook whole chickens and whole roasts (OK, small ones!) just for me, and keep them in the fridge to be heated up for meals or eaten cold for snacks. I make beef jerky so I've got something easy and portable for eating on the run. I keep pumpkin seeds in the shell for nibbling, and lots of celery and other low-carb veggies in the fridge.

Sometimes it's a bit of a pain, 'cause we can't slap together sandwiches or heat up a ready-made pizza - we have to put a bit more effort into planning and cooking. But after a while, it gets to be a habit.

If you can, clear your cupboards out - get rid of all the carby stuff you won't be eating and replace it with low-carb stuff. It all takes a bit of planning and reorganizing, but no more than any other lifestyle change, and eventually, it gets to be a whole lot of fun as you discover new foods and new ways of preparing them.

Rachel