#7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-10, 02:39

Plan: paleo adaptation
Stats: 248/215/200 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by djd2009
Managed to complete the marathon yesterday! I succumber to a few carbs the day before mainly to placate family members and had a few gels on the way round. The first 19 miles felt really good and then I hit the wall in a big way. Managed to get it together to run the last mile and finished in 5:20. Most importantly I raised over £1000 for charity. Celebrated with a chinese takeaway last night but I didn't find it that appealing. Back to LC today. I don't think I'll do another. My legs are aching so much today even after an ice bath yesterday!

Congrats! I did my first marathon (2008) in 5:22 or 2 hrs and 202 minutes as I like to put it. I got injured afterwards by running with a crazy woman friend of mine who basically runs a marathon every weekend. I had to stop running for a year. I just got back into it about 6-7 months ago.
I am now running LC and have successfully completed 16 miles LC- I am going to see how it goes and if all goes well, I will run the Philadelphia Marathon in 2010 (this november) all LC. I am hoping for a time of under 4.5 hours. We'll see how it goes.

Good job on raising money for a great cause!