Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 07:53

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 235/220/210 Male 6' 3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-l...fat-loss-stalls

Hint: it's eat less and exercise more...

Pretty standard article of its type. My excuse for posting it here;

A fatal flaw of CICO is practicality. What he says here may be true to some extent. He suggests a step counter to minimize decrease in activity, heart rate monitor to prevent decreases in intensity. Live on the Biggest Loser ranch? Professional bodybuilder, whose job is to get ripped? Might be reasonable to experience some temporary discomfort. If you have a job where you need to function at a higher level, being willing to experience that lethargy and fatigue isn't always reasonable, it might even be unethical to compromise your performance.

You could still use the step counter in other ways of course. If eating a certain way lead to increased spontaneous steps, or if it lead you to tend to walk two miles when you set out to walk one. If you look at CICO as the method, that's one thing, if you look at it as the desired result, that's another.

I've never been a fan of CICO, at least when it has worked for me it is temporary....and cardio sucks for weight/fat loss IMO:

"it can become easy to avoid tracking your heart rate or RPM during your cardio sessions. You might think you're going at the same intensity, but you're actually producing less energy output, lessening your calorie deficit."