View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-20-18, 10:19

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

20 carbs is just the test level--to prove weight loss IS possible. Dr A wants everyone to move up a level so that more veg and fruit can be included.

Not all fruits are equal. Definitely no juices. I look at glycemic index AND the net carbs to choose a fruit. Look at cherries. Be careful with strawberries.IMO mixing fruits and fats can improve the glycemic index , to prevent a glucose rush which can lead to binging. I am toying with slipping the outer peel from black/blue grapes to remove the inner carbs but get the anthocytes and fiber in the skin.

Again as long as you know the exact count and stay under 1/3 the daily allowance of carbs at each of 3 meals you can eat any fruit. I find small fruits like cherries and blueberries easy to measure out a limited amount. A scale can be helpful to learn the carb counts for a 5 or 10 carb serving.

I use products like crystal lite to get fruit flavor in my life. My kids and I like to make slushies of water, ice, and crystal lite in a blender. And yes, fruits are as addictive as any bread or cake. I was a big fruit eater but did find a way to limit them. Dr. Amen ( not Atkins) recommends 4:1, vegies to fruits a day.

I freeze fruit to then remove the portion I can eat and the fruit is not wasted. Frozen fruits are the easiest and cheapest to buy ,too.

I used to eat bowls of fruit salad, with rum! I choose not to do this. I choose not to eat a banana with peanut butter--because 1 is not enough, I MUST eat a second.

Learn your triggers.

Yes, I did misunderstand on the granola.

On the lancet, it is because you dont set the lancet as deep so it doesnt hit as many nerves. Nurses are in a hurry and want a lot of blood fast. I could go slowly, and milk out the amt needed from a shallow cut to get a reading.

Living low carb is a learning process. You are doing great.