View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 21:38

Plan: PP
Stats: 149.5/140.5/125 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 37%

My boyfriend and I both did strict vegetarian Atkins induction (no nuts, no soy/tofu, no yogurt). Actually we were over the Atkins 20g a bit on some days because we felt like we needed more veggies. We were bored silly with eggs, and felt like we were going to turn into huge chunks of cheese, but we both lost weight.

Having read around a lot more since starting Atkins, I decided to switch us to Protein Power, which we're doing now. It's a bit easier to get lots of veggies in that way, and it doesn't totally rule out any foods.

Looking back, I'm glad we did a "clean" induction just so we could see what that was like, but if I had to to over, I'd do Protein Power from the beginning just because eating all that cheese/egg fat felt kind of yucky, and I hated depriving myself of salad (of all things)!

Now that we're on PP, we have tofu and soy sausages and soy yogurt and berries...it's wonderful. In fact, I've become a much better cook, and feel like I'm eating more treats than I ever have in my life, and still losing weight. Woohoo!

Good luck, and be sure to keep in touch with all the wonderful veggiepeople on this board!