... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Lightbulb New TDC Fitness Challenge!!

Time to get serious about exercise?

Join our Second TDC Fitness Challenge!

A group of your fellow TDC members decided to form our own challenge two months ago, and it’s been a great motivator to make a real commitment to our health. Our goals have been to increase our physical fitness over the course of eight weeks without incurring any kind of injury.

Some of us feel overwhelmed by other fitness challenges all over the forum, many with participants half our size working on six-pack abs. There is no minimum level of activity here that is too small. Wherever you’re at with your exercise, we want to encourage you that you can take the next step.

Here are some of the things our first Challenge graduates had to say about exercise …
DusterCat says: “I really believe exercise goes hand-in-hand with eating right for good health, and after all, we're trying to establish a good WOL, not just to lose weight. We want to be healthy! And I'm willing to bet that each of us Challengers is healthier than we were seven weeks ago; I know I am. It's hard to change bad habits into good ones, and the support of this Challenge has been invaluable for me.”

Marebear says: “…I love how exercising makes me feel. That is my payoff. There is nothing like the rush of endorphins through your body after a great workout. I feel strong, confident, and ready to face anything. I believe that anyone can do some form of exercise, no matter what their weight or mobility. Just start a little bit at a time and increase as you are able. You don't have to be a fanatic about it, but consistency is important, and you will make progress.”

“Before I started exercising my legs and knees hurt all the time. I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes without pain. By the end of the day even standing to cook supper was incredibly painful. Walking a short ways left me winded and red-faced. Now there is a lot less pain in my legs and knees and even at the end of the day I can cook with no pain. I can walk more without getting winded and don't avoid it.”

Our challenge is not about going from no activity to stair-stepping for 120 minutes straight in two months. We want to take reasonable steps to improve our health and stay motivated to keep moving.

Our New Challenge starts Friday, September 26th and will continue for eight weeks. Why not join us? We’d love the company!

Sign up here and I’ll contact you when the official thread is open on the Countdown, Buddies and Challenges sub forum.
Sponsored Links