#3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 18:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Hi Gracie-poo,

Congratulations on your great success.

I am in a similar situation as I near my goal of 205 lbs. This morning I was 206 which I also hit two weeks ago. Then, I went on a few days vacation and increased my fat intake which gave me a 5 lb rebound to 211. That has taken a week to bring back down. My body fat this morning was 22.8% which is below my 23% goal. I feel pretty good at this weight being 6'-6" tall. At my age, 63, the metabolic resistance is sever, and I have cut carbs to less than 10 gm. after subtracting the fiber. I also had to cut fat and calories to force my continued weight loss.

When I started in June 1999 at 256 lb., I soon set a goal of 215 lb. which my wife thought was much to aggressive. I lowered my goal to 205 last year but was not seeking it aggressively until the last two months.

I have broken several plateaus as well as tested rebound situations. I know I will rebound, but I can increase my fat and calories intake considerably and hold after the 5 lb. rebound. Therefore, I am going to continue to lose more, if possible, in anticipation of a rebound.

You should be careful of stopping to soon since you have a good weight loss program going. Then, change your diet slowly to reach a stall that stabilizes a little below your goal. You should be able to increase a few pounds very easily later, if you decide.

Good luck,

Kent