#6   ^
Old Tue, May-01-01, 06:47
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile hi Di

Welcome aboard! You're doing very well indeed. Averaging a lb per week is great -- personally, I feel that at the end of 6 months, slow and steady ends up at exactly the same place as the ones who start out with the big losses but gradually taper off. And those inches off are better for your health, in the long run.

I admire your attitude .. .. You're very sensible to keep the carbs at a level where you'll lose at a steady rate, but not so low you'll get frustrated (and bored from the restriction) and end up abandoning the whole program. I have a hunch you're going to be very successful indeed!

Be insistent about the thyroid. There are cases where the standard blood tests show "normal", even though all the other signs of hyothyroid are present -- I'm one of those. It,s been two years, and my dr. and I are still playing with different doses and types of thyroid hormone, but I think the most recent change is helping. There is some excellent information on hypothyroidism at About.com, Click here to read it.

Look forward to reading more posts of your lowcarbing success!

Doreen
p.s.- my sister is Di too (Diana)