View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 18:38
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Oh, my. Thanks for catching a boo-boo in the recipe. I just corrected it. Down in the instructions when is says "Place the SHREDDED mozzarella cheese" in the middle of the focaccia on the meat.......that should say (and now does) "place the SLICED mozzarella cheese". Funny nobody has caught that before now, but I'm glad you found the error and it's now corrected. I think it would be good with Italian sausage. Seems like it required a fork to eat while hot, but as it cooled off, I recollect it firmed up, so dipping might be a possibility.

Yes, re: yeast. I found I could add it to breads and give a mild yeast flavor to the final product. A lot of low-carb food bloggers say a small amount of sugar can also be used because it is "consumed by the yeast", but I'm not sure I buy into that theory. Sugar IN the product stays in the food you are consuming and thus ends up in your belly, whether then inside or outside of the yeast's "belly". LOL I occasionally add it to breads I want extra soft and fluffy, but just a pinch.
Sponsored Links