Old Sun, Apr-10-11, 17:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/175/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress:
Default Magnesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
While I agree with you about the health benefits of a low carbohydrate diet we mustn't kid ourselves that using modern vegetables and meat it is necessarily the case that eating low carb supplies all the required micronutrients in the right amounts.
There have been studies comparing micronutrient deficiencies in common diet plans and there are often things missing.
Example here
I'm always alarmed when I see statements like.
By the time most people are diagnosed with diabetes they are all seriously magnesium deficient. Many people on Atkins don't get sufficient magnesium. Please check your food sources and double check the type of magnesium in your multivitamin/mineral. and ensure you are getting around 500mg absorbed magnesium daily.
Amanda and I have been banging on about the value of magnesium a lot recently but it's FAR MORE important that most people realise.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up regarding magnesium. I Googled and I saw lots of hits explaining the studies and benefits for it to prevent diabetes. Your signature mentionsed "absorbable magnesium." I Googled that and read it's best to use "chelated magnesium." Do you agree?

I wish I'd have known about it before my husband developed it. Do you think it will help him even though he already has it?