#12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-12, 14:51

Plan: No factory-processed food
Stats: 230/147/147 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
I haven't read the papers that you referred to but I'm just wondering...these are RAW (or I should say, unprocessed, unroasted) nuts being used. I can't imagine this being true with a can of Blue Diamond smokey almonds or dry roasted pecans.

I know I should like my nuts au-natural, but I just can't teach myself to like the taste. Yes, I'd be a Primal failure.

...and Glenda is correct....a lot of people reading....

I'll copy this here:

The best nuts for weight loss, I found, were mixed, unsalted nuts, walnuts, pecans, and Brazil nuts; peanuts and pine nuts were mildly beneficial; cashews were neutral, and almonds, if anything, were slightly fattening. Roasted or salted nuts were very fattening. I did not eat hazelnuts on their own, but as they were in the mixed nuts, I expect they work as well as any.

I get the impression that we're more used to eating raw nuts in Britain than Americans are. Salted peanuts are eaten, but other salted nuts not so much. I find Brazils and cashews in particular very lush to eat.

But fear not, later I shall be getting onto other things to eat with nuts, making them less plain. Fortunately, I absolutely love nuts.

A bag of salted nuts probably only has a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of vegetable oil in it, but that seems to quadruple the calorific effect. The food industry is very clever at combining certain types of oil with salt to provoke addictive eating.