View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 20:15

Plan: Mostly Atkins these days
Stats: 260/225.9/175
BF:
Progress: 40%
Unhappy Reward Meal Guilties

Today was a so-so day. I had a one-egg omelette for breakfast with some shredded cheddar and some cooked sausage. I had my two cups of coffee with my two ounces of cream.

For lunch I had broccoli-slaw with olive oil/balsamic vinegar and a few sprinkles of dried thyme. Also in the salad was some thinly sliced hard salami (Boar's Head brand - listed as ZERO carbs) and some mozzarella cheese. Also had five asparagus spears with a teaspoon of butter on them.

I was very hungry about 5p.m. and I had to go to the grocery store because I was out of most of my fresh veggies. I was eating celery sticks in the car on the way to the store.

Once I got home, my DH had already fixed our salads, so I didn't have to take time to do that!

I had my salad with blue cheese dressing (lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, scallions and three green olives -- no pimento!)
For my dinner, I had home made chicken spread on two thin slices of Italian bread with mayo and a medium thick layer of cranberry sauce. I also had about three quarters of a cup of wax beans with about a teaspoon of butter.

Today I drank about 120 ounces of water.

That sandwich tasted SO good! I'm on CALP and I'm allowed my Reward Meal -- so why do I feel guilty about that bread and cranberry sauce? I had very few carbs all day and I was very hungry. But I feel like I've done something wrong! I thought I kept the meal balanced like I'm supposed to, but maybe bread AND cranberry sauce pushed it over the edge. I guess the scale will tell the tale. The first few days of this program I had lost 6 pounds. Even sticking to it religiously, I gained two pounds back -- one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Then I stayed the same for two days and today I was down one pound -- but still one pound more than a week ago. I'm not having any cravings, and the cranberry sauce is the sweetest thing I've had in two weeks -- so why do I feel bad about it? I thought this whole WOL was to make you STOP feeling bad about food!

Can anyone who's been on CALP successfully for a while tell me if my Reward Meal was over the top?

Stormy's got the blues tonight...
Sponsored Links