View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-12, 06:25

Plan: Mixture .. mainly Paleo
Stats: 168/163/120 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I too think it is a matter of modern processed, sprayed, additive tampered with food. So, in effect moving from our natural diet to one our bodies can't cope with. I ate bread when I was young and was as thin as a lathe. Today, bread causes me so many problems such as high blood pressure, rapid heartbeat, excess weight, fluid retention, heartburn and gout. When I leave out the wheat and excess starch all of these things totally disappear. On one occasion when I was trying to eat like my naturally thin friends I was given some cereal. I don't usually eat cereal, but as it didn't give me heartburn I stupidly bought some. Simple, Weetabix minis entered my system and although I could see my ankles swelling a bit I thought I will be ok in a few days when my body gets used to it. What happened? Gout, reared its ugly, painful, throbbing head or should I say big toe. I had already worked out that wheat etc had contributed to my getting gout in the past. How could I possibly have thought that I would get away with it this time. Needless to say, I dropped the wheat like a ton of bricks and my gout disappeared. So, as far as I am concerned my body is far better off with the hunter gatherer way of eating. If we could also grow our own stuff like our grandparents did, have home made food, plus walk almost everywhere then we might all be better off.