#22   ^
Old Sun, May-03-09, 22:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/103/115 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

Quote:
Originally Posted by demi
On top of the primary foods listed, she also includes some 'newer' foods in the form of low-fat/non-fat diary, selected oils (olive, canola, avocado, flaxseed or walnut, NO vegetable oils), non-starchy legumes, occasional alcohol and acceptable treats (i.e., SF jello, LF frozen yoghurt). These foods are allowed because they do not appear to cause weight gain or cravings when consumed reasonably.

Foods to be avoided are grains, corn (incl. popcorn), cereals, products made from flour, rice, potatoes, sugar, honey, juices, sweets, pasta and sweetened drinks. There are other no-no's such as no hot dogs, deli meats, 'heart-healthy' margarines, trans fats.
This is essentially what I've been doing for the last six years with great success. However, full-fat yogurt has never caused me any problems - I have it almost every morning. The last I heard, there is some reason to believe that the carb count on yogurt is overstated on the nutrition label (see yogurt. Sorry - there was another link that talked about why the carb count on yogurt was overstated, but I can't find it at the moment. It was something about how the carbs were counted as a residual, after tallying up calories due to proteins and fats and ascribing everything else to carbs. Anyone else remember that or that reference?)

Good blogs, nice thread - thanks to both Judy and Demi.