Old Sun, Dec-02-07, 13:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/172.8/150 Female 5feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawood
Well, thanks for posting that! Hope you're sticking to your low-carb plan in the States. In the meantime I'm finding it somewhat easier to do the low-carb thing - I just say I avoid eating too many carbohydrate foods, rather than make a big deal about eating high-fat and high-protein foods. Most people can understand it if you don't want to eat loads of cake and if I have an extra helping of vegetables instead of rice or potatoes, that doesn't cause too much consternation either.
But I must admit that I succumbed to a particularly German temptation recently - Christstollen mit Marzipanfüllung - and promptly had another extra kilo on the scales. I'm now trying to walk past all those Christmas goodies without putting them in my shopping cart and trying to get that kilo off again...
amanda wood

Ohh...Christstollen mit Marzipanfuellung, Spekulatius, Gluehwein....This would be a time of big temptations for me. Luckily I don't have to deal with that
I am happy for you that you find it a little easier now. I was very young when I tried Atkins for the first time and easy to influence. My family here is really "health oriented" in a low fat way, so I just told them I cut out sugar and white starches and nobody has a problem with that and I don't have to justify myself. Makes life easier. Did you go to a Weihnachtsmarkt yet ? I really miss those.Where in Germany do you live ? I am from Trier. Anyway, thank you for you response and have a wonderful weekend.