View Single Post
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-15, 09:22

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

My dad is the type of person who thinks thinness reflects beauty. He always tells me I'm the "nicest kid he's got" but that's not enough for him...I'm also supposed to be thin. He has money and somehow, money equates smarts equates thin. Don't ask me...somewhere in life he developed a big head. I can remember as a young girl he used to be so proud of his old beat up van that he worked out of. He was a contractor. Then he became a success, made loads of money and is now very well off and hobnobs with the snobs. Now, he looks down on people who drive old wrecks. Go figure.

He does expect perfection though. He treated me that way even as a little girl. I remember one day when I was about 10. I had about a 1 inch seam pull loose from my favorite pair of shorts and I showed it to him with a sad face. "Look Dad. These are my favorite and now they're ruined." His response? "Ach! Don't be stupid, go fix them." So, I approached my step mother for a needle and some thread and holed myself in my room carefully sewing the way my mom had shown me how to do it, with a back stitch and everything. I was so proud of my finished work that I couldn't wait to show my dad. He took one look at what I had done and said, "Ach! You call THAT sewing?" It was my first time ever attempting sewing on my own...thankfully it wasn't my last. I didn't let him deter me but his response did sting for a very long time. Sort of the story of my life when it comes to that man. Nothing I do is good enough. Fortunately, I know I don't need to be perfect to be happy NOR do I need his approval. And also thankfully, my mom divorced him when I was very young and I did not grow up under his rule...goodness only knows the Hell I would have endured if she had stayed. lol

But, in spite of all that, I'm still the nicest kid he's got! His words! LOL! He actually has gotten a little better in his old age and sometimes says things like, "I know I act like a jerk most of the time." I know he loves me, but I have come to the conclusion that I am better off visiting him with other peeps around so his "ass-i-ness" doesn't make an appearance. We get along much better that way.

My sister is a half sister...different dad.