Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 05:48

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Dazed, I never thought of chilling it. That sounds pretty good.

I only use BPC for two purposes: one is if I run out of cream and I still want a coffee. I can’t do it black. The other is to alleviate my extreme cold intolerance in winter. Coconut oil gives me a heat rush.

Seems funny to think about that when we’re under an extreme heat and humidity warning in my neck of the woods. It feels like over 100F here right now. An iced coffee sounds kind of nice.

Quick tip - be very careful about how you blend the coffee. A lot of blenders aren’t made for hot liquids. I got a $10 milk frother and it works really nicely. It’s like a little immersion blender. My actual immersion blender is too big for mugs, and my Magic Bullet is no good unless you do it REALLY fast. I had it explode all over my kitchen. It was funny after the fact, but I could have really hurt myself.

I allow the coffee to reach room temperature before blending it. Made like I do makes it like a dessert, better than anything from Starbucks. For the people who think I am buying into the advertising from people trying to make a buck. I am using what I find good and discarding everything else. The fat content in Butter, Heavy Whipping Cream, and MCT Oil is great. I added the Cacao and Stevia to really make it taste good. I am doing everything myself and it is to increase my fat intake because it was too low. This is the low carb treat that so many look for. I also drink decaf coffee and green tea before my Bulletproof is fully chilled. I have no problem with Protein or carbs, but fat was my problem. I get 51 grams of fat from my BPC. I am 71 and a very picky eater, and I figure this is my last go around, but I bet I can do it.