View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 08:21

Plan: Ketogenic Diet Dr Westman
Stats: 267/243.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Drastic Measures to get back on plan

I have been trying to get back on CALP for almost six months now. After recommiting (again) on December 28th I stayed on plan for three and a half weeks. In that time I lost and gained the same two and a half pounds. To be fair I was overcarbing at my rm. I just could not stop myself.
So...This past Saturday I ate 7 small, no fat, protein meals spaced about 1 1/2 to 2 hours apart.(Dr. Stillman's water diet) The scale showed a loss of 3 pounds the next day. I did the same thing on Sunday except that by 4:00 I was craving carbs like crazy. I had two slices of leftover pizza and was perfectly satisfied. Today I show another 1 pound loss. Today I am eating the 6 small protein meals with a carb meal(rm) that will consist of a cup of homemade chicken and vegetable soup(cm vegetables only), 1/4 cup of brown rice and three lettuce leaves no dressing. No fat, well as no fat as you can get eating protein.
My aim is to lose my extra fat by August of this year and to slowly work my eating habits back into very balanced CALP, eating less fat and making better carb choices. (not pizza) I am being very strict with myself portion wise and plan to continue until this weight is finally gone.
It feels good to finally see the scale moving down. That and still being able to have carbs at my rm helps to keep me going. I've lost weight once before on CALP. It took me two years to put it back on. I know this is the lifetime eating plan for me. I just have to be strict with myself until my insulin in under control.
Now I had better get back to work or I won't be able to buy any food and I'll get thin real quick.
Dar Babe