#9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:37

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/170/170
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xena2005
Is it possible that fat could be suppressing appetite? To find out Susan Jebb and her team decided to run an experiment. All the meals in the study looked exactly the same, but there was a big difference. Half the food had liberal quantities of fat secretly added to it.[/i]

Dr SUSAN JEBB: We used things like spaghetti bolognaise or mousses so that you could because easily disguise the fat content of the food.

NARRATOR: None of the volunteers knew which type of food they were getting. But half of them were eating low fat meals, and half were eating high fat meals.

Note that they added fat to HIGH CARB foods. I know the (of Protein Power) Eades always said it was actually difficult to consume a lot of fat without wrapping carbs around it. There is no 'off' switch with carby, fatty food. Which is precisely the kinds of foods that people overeat. . . donuts, chips, french fries, ice cream, cakes, cookies. . .etc.

If she had added fat to LOW CARB meals, I think her results would have been different.

BTW, this Susan Jebb is a low fatter. She's paid by the Flour Council in Britain, I believe.