View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-14, 15:57
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

My main issue with the CAD plan is it's name, to be honest. It's like having "The Alcohol Addict's Diet" with a glass of wine with dinner every night. I really prefer the philosophy of abstinence at least initially, and then slowly testing out different foods, a la Atkins.

My other issue with it is that for someone like me, with a pretty low carb tolerance, that's basically a maintenance plan. That's pretty close to how I eat now.

It is a good plan. It will work for a lot of people. But you have to be honest with yourself about what your real issues are. Make sure it's not just your inner two-year-old that's trying to talk you into something that sounds like more fun. And be sure to read up on it - it's not just Atkins with a binge meal, as Zulieekaa says in her sticky post at the top of the forum. It's strict! I couldn't do it. No coffee with cream and Splenda in the morning?!

I second the recommendation of getting a glucometer, trying to document your actual blood sugar levels, and increasing the broth. That won't hurt, no matter which plan you choose.

Good luck.