#39   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-13, 11:56

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardatha
I've found for me, one meal is plenty. Settled into this woe now and enjoying it. Weight is coming off slowly but very steadily. My main probs were finding what else to eat, as I don't like salad, don't like hard cheese and don't eat many eggs as they make me feel queasy.
So in the end I settled for oatcakes- which yes are carbs, but only 6 carbs in one. So I have an oatcake on soft cheese or Brie or peanut butter for breakfast and supper, and one meal at 3pm.
I'm now at 10st 3, which is the lowest I've been in 13 years

Sounds like you have found what works for you! I think you are getting a good enough balance of carbsrotein which could be the reason you are doing ok eating the oatcakes even though they contain carbs. There is a book written by an MD called The Insulin Resistance Diet and they use a "Link and Balance" approach to being able to eat carbs but has to be a certain amount to protein ratio and people are supposed to be able to lose. You might give it a read. I own a copy and read it but for me was too many rules and I like the freedom I get from the CAD diet by the Heller's. But even on your own you are doing great and I too have my "own" way that I follow CAD which isn't always 100% by the book but if it works I will do it!

MIW