#42   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-11, 08:24

Plan: Paleo eating
Stats: 267/234/180 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl2
Hi all. I have been completely off of sugar now for several weeks and am so glad I just took the plunge and did it. Trying to adjust anything while still eating sugar was just crazy making for me. Whew!!

Mean time, in early December I started taking a number of amino acid supplements ala The Diet Cure by Julia Ross. I'm convinced that helped me stabilize my moods, etc. and come off the sugar.

Although I don't have a lot of experience with PNP, I did recently realize something valuable I learned as part of that program. I have developed a very stable breakfast that is satisfying, and that holds me until lunch time without getting hungry. One day last week, I left out a key ingredient which drastically reduced the protein content. I didn't even realize it until mid morning I was famished. What happened next was like a bad movie. That set me up to have a crazy craving/eating day. I'm convinced there is a connection!

I'm very glad to have found what seems to be working for me in a good breakfast.

Even though I am still signed up for several of the Yahoo PNP lists, I never post to them. I sometimes read the summaries that come daily to my Inbox. Occassionally something good comes by. Kathleen e-mailed me the other day to "ask me how I was doing." I chose not to respond. Don't want to go there.

Hope everyone else who is using all or part of PNP for healing is doing well today! Just thought I would share that little experience.

DG

Those how're you doing emails are automated I think. I got one when I was in the middle of a disagreement with her lol.

If you talk at RR about quitting sugar and not being ale to work on other stuff until after, you will get yourself into trouble!

ITA about breakfast. We do breakfast with protein for the whole family now. My dd is 14 and makes her own, she always makes sure she has enough protein because she knows she's crash in the lesson before lunch if she doesn't.

The supplements sound interesting, I haven't come across that. I am a week into a go at pure paleo eating. Am through the sugar withdrawal (I cut out fruit as well) and my mouth tastes like poo so I reckon I am doing well lol.