View Single Post
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 20:45

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I first started Atkins a year ago...I have been on and off it all year due to sugar cravings....and feeling lousy. I did not get the energy...I felt more sluggish, my digestion was horrible...constipation. And would only lose about 3-4 lbs per month. But then I'd jump off the wagon and gain it all right back. The carb cravings would come back twice as bad every time.

So I tried South beach....felt ok on it...nothing miraculous...then I would start adding some carb back....and OHMIGOD...I was the anti-christ....horrible mood swings...shaking..dizzy....just awful. Not too mention I'd gain the entire 3 lousy lbs right back again!!

But not having extra carbs (more veg, some grain, or fruit) left my digestion a terrible mess...even with taking fibre supplements.

I started CALP today, I scored 50!! out of 50!! You cannot be more severe carb addict than that. I am praying this is the plan that will work for me.
So far so good. I've had 2 snacks and 3 meals....had strawberries and whip cream with my dinner as my RM.....and with all the veggies I ate today....not to be too graphic...but the week of constipation with Atkins/SBD, was gone after an hour of my dinner!

So...I agree..you just have to find the plan that works for your body. Atkins and South Beach did not work for me. I felt awful.

I hope CALP is it!!
Natascha