View Single Post
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 19:38

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thanks Tricia. I'm sorry you had to endure such treatment at the hands of your "step-monster" (a great phrase, which if you don't mind I'll borrow when appropriate). One thing strikes me about the interaction between the two of you: how restrained and measured you are in the way you speak about her, compared to her open and flagrantly abusive treatment of you - except where your Dad might have discovered her, of course. Even after all these years, and in spite of what she made you go through, your remarks are controlled, almost respectful.

This whole thread has been, for me, an illuminating and surprising investigation of how those of us who cannot metabolise carbohydrates effectively are treated by those who can, and how that makes us feel and respond. Some of these reactions have been very surprising, and although I cannot speak for others, I am still learning from it. I do hope that telling your story has been in some way cathartic, and that it can help you let go of the anger and the injustice. Incidentally, if your current picture is anything like you were then, this woman's treatment of you was even more unreasonable. Your shape looks perfect to me, and anyone who can swim that far every day can't be carrying much excess weight.

Happy Christmas.