View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 13:50

Plan: CAD + reg. fast
Stats: 214/153.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:34.5/18/14
Progress: 77%
Default Fellow Turtles!

Hats off to you all! I thought I had been an a long stall...It is soo awesome you're all still sticking with this new WOL!!! And I intend to do the same!! Let's stay in it together!
Well, I also got my book and read, and read until I practically needed some matches to help keep my eyes pried open. And what an insight it gave me!!! Since the book got here, my weight loss immediately resumed. I don't want to praise the day before it is over, but so far, the pounds are dropping like flies...4 more just in the past few days. I also have to monitor my cals very, very closely, and also LOVE to eat. But I went real heavy on the pure fats (olive oil, Butter, mayo) and now cut off the fat on meats instead. They say that's where all the toxins of the animals are stored anyway, like antibiotics and such. I also quit pan frying my meats and boil or nuke them instead. THEN add fats and spices. The foods feel so pure now somehow! (for lack of a better word...) Another thing I took to heart is the water. I had been drinkink 80+ oz~day and went to 130+oz!!! I do work out a lot, so I thought I'd give it a try! And WOW!!! Went into full blown Ketosis (according to the stix at least...) and I also got rid of 'the taste' in my mouth. I honestly believe that I had been mistaken thirst for hunger. It seems as though I finally got to experience what the feeling of true satiation really is. I am full, all the time...the slightest twitch, and I eat something, preferably fatty, and - bingo - twitch gone!! And with it , my obsession about food, weight, scale... is diminishing. I am also half afraid to talk about all this, because I am scared it won't last....that had happened before... But this is the 4th day in a row, so far so good! I am going to keep going just the way I am for now.
A big pat on the back for us all for being able to stick with it, even when the road gets rough at times. WE CAN DO THIS!! I hope my experiences will help one of you as well, and keep in mind - it's the turtle that will win the race in the end!!!