View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-11, 10:04

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

This morning I weighed before breakfast and coffee and I'm down another 1.4 for a total of 5.6. I'm quite surprised at this. A couple possible explanations come to mind:

- In the past couple of weeks I've put on 4.7 pounds for no apparent reason. I was eating low carb. I shouldn't have gained those to begin with. This is the reason I was frantic to try the next new thing immediately.

- Starting the JKLR coincides with my giving up butter. I've given up dairy before, but this is the very first time I've given up butter. I was avoiding casein but forgot about butter raising insulin. Then I re-read some old threads and it finally sunk into my thick skull: butter raises insulin.

I don't know what happens next. I've got a big Christmas party to attend tonight and intend to drink wine. One thoughtful person ordered a special gluten-free dessert and there will be no way that I can politely decline it, as I am the only gluten-free guest amongst these forty people. I'll see if I can make it look like I took a couple bites and then get caught in a crowd, set it down, and accidentally walk away. Or maybe the party be chaotic enough that I can sneak it into a garbage can or toilet.

ETA: or maybe there's something about eating coconut oil that's helping me lose?