#119   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 00:17

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Love you Sid!! Yes! Good one.....I'm trying ot cut back big time and I'm actually making headway. You have tons of credibility to me!

I agree here.....
I think that for many people who overeat, it is a very unconscious act. It was for me for a very long time. I really did not want to have to face it and deal with it....so I kept myself in total denial about it....and stuffed myself for a very long time. And all of a sudden, I was 287 lbs as I hit 40 yrs old.

As far as weight lost, I probably don't have whole lot of credibility ... I was never more than a little overweight and not for very long and that was after I had spent a lot of time trying to gain weight .... it finally took!!. I spent a lot of years grossly underweight -- which was still a severe weight problem, but a severely misunderstood one and one with NO sympathy!

However, my point in this thread is about giving up tobacco ... I really hope you'll both keep trying! I smoked for 45+ years, started when I was 16 and didn't manage to quit until I was in my 60's. That's NOT a healthy record. I used to tell people that quitting was easy - staying quit was a whole 'nother story!

Best wishes to both of you, hugs and positive vibes ... Glenda