#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 19:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/238/132 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Hello from Georgia

Greetings from the muggy south! I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. My name is Katy and I have embarked on the low carb WOL on Tuesday. I have followed the Atkins diet before and did really well so I am attempting this again. Actually, I am going to succeed at this because I have a slight modification planned to the diet.

In December I was (finally) diagoned with PCOS and in January I entered into a drug study for a drug specifically for PCOS. I don't know for sure if I am taking the real drug or not, but the way I feel I would guess I am.

After doing much research I have found that low carb is the thing I need to do to keep myself healthy - especially with the diabetes and heart disease in my family. I just refuse to go the summer without fresh fruit and veggies so I am cutting out sugar, breads, rice, pastas, and potatoes (simple sugars and starches basically) while increasing my protein. I plan on giving it a week or two and see how that goes and adjust from there.

As much as I would like to lose down to 132, I know my body wouldn't be happy there so weightloss is not my main goal - getting control of my health is.

Whew, didn't mean to ramble on like that. I look forward to getting to know each of you.

Katy
Sponsored Links