View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 12:24

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default The Benefits of Hors d'oeuvres

I find that intermittent fasting is really helping me with my weight loss so most days I'm down to just one meal a day and I make it dinner with my wife. I want it to be low carb but also nutritious and to not be boring.

All the various hors d'oeuvre recipes has been a great answer for me, I make an entire meal using various recipes. For example, I found this cool recipe thick cucumber slices with the seed section hollowed out on one side filled with a mixture of cream cheese, a small amount of ranch dressing and a dab of fresh dill or fresh dill paste and then half cherry tomato stuck on top. Beautiful and tasty! I make a dozen of those and put six on each plate.

Also I make stuffed mushrooms, and there are zillions of low carb recipes. The other night I used this Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb cheese. Its a soft spreadable cheese I used to stuff the mushroom caps after removing the stems and then rolled the top in crushed pork rinds. Bake at 350 till done or about 30 minutes. I made about a dozen of these and gave us six each, (I used small baby mushroms).

In the oven with the srhooms I also baked 4 small jalapenos, split down the middle into little boats and stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, pork sausage and parmesan cheese, (8 pieces total).

Bacon is another thing that is great for hors d'oeuvres. Bacon wrapped water chestnuts or chicken livers are great.

Anyways, you get the idea. I divide all this up on plates for myself and my wife and its a lot of different flavors and kinds of food in one meal. It looks great on the plate. I serve it up with ice cold diet Mtn Dew in wine glasses with ice and a little sugar free gelatin dish on the side, (mixed with low carb whip cream or cream or cottage cheese - lots of stuff you can do with the flavored gelatin too) - and wow - it's a freaking great meal and under 20 carbs!
Sponsored Links