View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 07:50

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I hope I can add to the debate ( and maybe make things clearer) by posting my experience.

Unfortunately its only " anecdotal evidence" but here goes.

I believe in the Dr Atkins woe 100%.... , I have 4 friends at home having great success, not to mention my many internet friends.

However, I have spent a total of 20 months with my own Atkins woe, stuck. Not for the want of trying, and I am grateful for the help and support I recieved.

I lost in induction, but then nothing, despite all the "tweaks". I vowed to never give up but my lament was always "why did I lose on induction and none since " I had carbs up, carbs down cals up, down, you name it !

In the end feeling a total failure, I finally admitted... Atkins doesnt work for me. I was terribly disappointed as I believe in it so much. I was beginning to accept that Atkins could help me maintain my weight.

then, desperately... and desperately is the word..... I browsed CAD forum.... to read..

"at the same time putting a carb addict on Atkins, other than the induction phase or one of the other more moderate LC plans, wont work for them either"

I recognised myself at last. I AM that person

I cried with relief. Then I went out to buy CAD. I had picked it up in the bookshop, and at a quick glance, thought.... no way - fad diet. But on reading it.... it dawned on me..... snow pea broccoli, cream, my Atkins staples..... were these sabotaging my efforts ? I couldnt believe what I was reading, but it made sense.

Well, its early days, Im 2 weeks in, and have lost 2 lb. But ... I have that feeling that all Atkins people have--- the energy, the alertness---- that I never had before.

I now believe wholeheartedly that there are a group of people that Atkins just wont work for. I can only speak from personal experience on this one. Im so glad I read these threads.

sorry this turned into an epic to summarise, yes I think there is a case to carry such statements in our forums, and with additional debate theres a wealth of information for us LC ers.