View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-12, 09:28

Plan: New Atkins
Stats: 213/171.6/150 Male 70 (inches)
BF:31%/24%/22%
Progress: 66%

Thanks fibersnap! I don't ride with anyone, so have only my own times to go by. I also don't eat or drink while riding to work, as even the long course is too short to bother. After all, I'm just getting in a good workout.

That said, I was reading an article about Olympic Gold Medal winner Anna Tunnidiff, a paleo dieter who makes her own low carb energy bars. I'd skip the raisins, but you can read about it here.

BTW, I did end up riding the long course yesterday as planned. Even though I took it deliberately easy the first half I still came within a few seconds of my personal best without even consciously trying. Yes, I ensured that I pushed the back half all the way to work, but because I turned off my clock display (so it shows speed and distance, but not elapsed time) I really was not trying to set any record. It just worked out that way because I had no energy availability issues.

I cannot overstate how happy I am that I finally tried LC. My body is adapting really well and I'm losing weight, too. I can't wait to see what my lipid panel looks like this fall when I go in for my annual checkup.