#35   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-16, 04:15

Plan: MyOwn:CHO<90g/d
Stats: 207/149/150 Male 169 cm
BF:40%/17%/18%
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Here is an update of my cholesterol chart with the added numbers.

Ken, I have another question about your data. It is clear from the table in your
post that you have been monitoring your calorie intake. When you started on low carb did you deliberately try to restrict your calorie intake or did you eat until satisfied and then for the record tally the calories you consumed?

The reason I ask is that it appears that as you have been losing weight your calorie consumption has actually been increasing. This is something I have experienced myself and I have been wondering whether it is just me or whether it is a general response to low carb eating.

When I started low carb 10 months ago I found initially that with a high fat consumption I was pretty satisfied on around 1850 calories per day. But as my weight has dropped I found myself needing to eat more so that now I consume between 2100 to 2200 calories per day. The incremental calories are primarily fat calories with a little bit extra protein.

And I wonder if the reason this happens is because in the obese state at the start of eating low carb one's body suddenly has access to a large fat store for food but as weight is lost and the fat reduces there is less for the metabolism to use and so your brain tells you to compensate by eating more.