View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 15:21

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

I was reading a study awhile back of an experiment to see if job interviewers discriminated against heavy people.

The experimenters would send two people, trained the same way to answer questions in a job interview, both having the same qualifications on their resume, and both wearing the same outfit (only one was larger). In 100% of the cases, the interviewer chose the slim person, even when the interviewer him or herself was overweight.

The experimenters did it again, only this time listed better qualifications for the overweight interviewee. In about 95% of the cases, the employer STILL chose the slender person.

---------------------

As for myself, I don't know how many times I've heard that line, "Well, you have such a pretty FACE," or the classic, "You'd be beautiful if you lost weight." What does that make me now, chopped liver?

I have been blessed, though, that my husband has never had an issue with my size, and has said he loves me at any size, and thinks I'm beautiful at any size (wish I could believe it myself )

Sh'ra