View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-09, 23:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/247.6/200 Male 73.5
BF:Too High
Progress: 34%

My doctor supports the low GI diet for me because my fasting blood glucose level is in the pre-diabetic range. I've been choosing low GI foods and feel a lot better. I call my diet "whole foods" diet, but I am looking at the GI and carb counts to decide what to eat. I have eliminated flour of any type, sugar except in fruit, and alcohol, mainly beer or wine which is likely the number one reason I am overweight. My wife is happy I am not drinking any alcohol which to me is a little unreasonable, but if I drink beer or wine, my appetite goes into overdrive so I need to just not drink even though alcohol is not generally high on the GI. This is what I am doing and I believe I will see my weight come down a lot. I also am exercising by walking and lifting weights at a beginner level. I noticed that I am not hungry unless I have forgotten to eat, I don't think I am eating more than a couple thousand calories a day, but I am not counting calories. I have lost some weight already and although I want results very fast, I am trying to make this a lifestyle change. I am trying to come to terms with slow and steady is the better way to lose it. I am sure I have all the emotional hangups about food as many others have. I have a problem with grazing for food after supper too, which has now been brought under control. Glad to see a post about the GI.
David