View Single Post
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 08:09

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Azure and good luck this time around with your lc'ing. I know you can do it!! I added that silk pie to my favorites so I can make it one of these days. I am a chocoholic and that definitely looks like something that will cure my chocolate cravings.....yum yum!!

Anyway, I'm back again after about an 8 month hiatus. Luckily, I really didn't gain much weight back because I am always conscience of what I am eating but there have been nights when i sat in front of the computer with 1/2 a bag of chocolate chip cookies (the chocoholic coming out in me) and a tall glass of milk within these past 8 months. I decided to take a different approach this time around though. Instead of worrying all the time about how many carbs, how much fat, or how many calories I have eaten, I am just going to make a conscience effort to eat healthier. If I feel like having pasta one night, I am going to have pasta. I'm just not going to go overboard with it and maybe have a small helping of pasta and make myself a nice salad to go along with it. I also went out and bought myself some multigrain bread (as opposed to the white bread my children will only eat) and made a promise to myself that I will not eat more than 2 slices every other day, if even that. I know I'll probably hear a lot of slack from people on this board but this is the plan I decided to try to see if it works for me. Everybody has a different plan that works for them but as long as the results are the same.......we are all in the same boat.

Anyway......welcome back and I know you can do it this time. You sound like a very good creative cook so I'm sure you'll be coming up with some really good low carb recipes that will keep you happy for the rest of your life.

Patty

P.S. Feel free to stop by my journal anytime to see what kind of ranting I do in there. That's usually the place where I write down my "overindulgences" also as I'm kicking myself in the butt.