#5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-01, 17:44
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi Kat,

I'm sitting here reading your post about your doctor, and I can't believe my eyes .. ... Hmmm, you might want to try a few things-
  1. Get a new doctor. This one is too cynical and uncaring about something as important as your own and your husband's health.
  2. Report this doctor to your State's medical board. His attitude is unprofessional at best, and constitutes negligence at worst. He is probably this way with other patients too, and needs to be corrected or stopped, his choice.
  3. Get your husband to read this letter from a member of this forum, who nearly died from his obesity and heart disease. Lowcarbing has saved his life. Click here to read it. For the record, the man is my brother. And let me tell you about some other men in my life, who never had the opportunity to learn about lowcarbing, and struggled to follow the lowFAT way. Those men were my father, and his three brothers. Their doctors either said nothing, or just pooh-pooh'd it, said to lose a few pounds and gave them pills. They all died in their late 50s, early 60s. There are plenty of other stories from folks on this board, and others around the web, from people whose health has been restored, and life is wonderful again from following a sound, nutritious lowcarb program.
  4. Remember that Dr. Atkins is a cardiologist by education and training. His whole "Diet Revolution" program was developed in the '70s to help his own heart patients, who weren't getting better with the standard treatments of the day.
I hope things work out for you and your husband, and good health to you both. Take care,

Doreen