View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Sep-03-17, 13:13

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

What does maintenance feel like?

For me it feels "active". I've been maintaining for a few years now and I still check my weight regularly and make conscious food and fasting choices daily. I feel like I am guarding my weight loss and health gains with my life! I still eat at induction levels with an occasional higher carb foray (like acorn squash), and have no interest in returning to any consumption of grains, potatoes, processed food or sugar.
As the years have gone by, my attention has shifted more and more towards health goals, in particular the concept of longevity and reversing the ageing process. So many of my health issues (albiet minor compared to many) have resolved on this woe, that I am running out of things to fix! Arthritis, chronic heartburn, all kinds of miscellaneous aches and pains due to 'old age', seasonal allergies - all completely gone. I am stronger and healthier at 59 than I have been since my late 30’s. Each of these items gets added to my active maintenance list, I am highly motivated by success to not backslide on any health issue.

So, whats left? How much younger can I look and feel? There are so many avenues of exploration and n=1 experimentation! Autophagy and HGH production, gut microbiome improvement, Immunology, Telemere lengthening ....
I am currently correcting my need for reading glasses with Natural eyesight improvement (Bates method), I've already had success eliminating my myopia and disscontinued use of progressive lenses, and am seeing some promising results with lymphatic system stimulation through accupressure, dry skin brushing and rebounding for excess skin reduction, dark eye circles and nightly leg cramps, believe it or not!

However, I truly believe underlying groundwork needed for all these benefits and improvements is, first and foremost, the diet. After the success of reaching my target weight and becoming 100% comfortable and adapted to the woe leaves me with the time, motivation and an important foundation to concentrate on even loftier goals.

My birthday is coming up next week. This year I am going to start counting backwards. ( :