View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-22-17, 22:55

Plan: Keto
Stats: 201/200/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

I understand that after awhile, you get used to not eating with IF, and may be able to go without eating at all before a big exercise session, as the unloading of a freight truck is for me. But NOW, I can't starve my way through that much exercise without getting VERY nauseous (I've had to run and gag into a trash can before--most embarrassing at work!) I find I must eat lunch before a truck, and that is that. I DO take extended release Metformin. I just have a horrid time with them at any dose, but my diabetes doc INSISTS they are the best med out there for Type 2, and I'm simply not giving it the old college try.

I started IF today, 16:8, with 2 meals, a late breakfast at 11 am, and a late lunch at 4:30 pm. Nothing since, and so far, so good. I could have had a nibble later, like at 6:45, but I was not hungry, so no need to eat. Even now, at nearly 11 pm, I'm not hungry. But waiting until 11 am will be a good test!

So even if you pee very purple on the stix, you COULD be out of ketosis? I didn't know that. Still, I don't see how even eating veggies or nuts with a good oil-based dressing could make my blood sugar skyrocket to 250. And basically stay around there forever, dropping back to 170 only after I am hungry again. I had a better consistent blood sugar reading back when I was taking 1000 mg Metformin and sticking to a low-cal (yes, I ate bread!) diet. I managed to hover around 140 on my A1C for 8 months.