View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-15, 14:50

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Interesting. I am 5'9" and have a goal weight of 170. This was the last weight that I felt really good at and felt easy to maintain.

At my current height, I weighed between 150-155 in High School. When I went into the Army at age 19, they told me I was 5 pounds overweight (155) and couldn't join until I lost those 5 pounds. I wasn't particularly chubby and participated in sports regularly. My lowest weight was 140 when I was in the Army at a post where I was running 3 miles twice a day and not really eating much. I normally stayed around 145-150. I was normally 5 pounds under the weight limit. I do remember feeling bad that I had bigger thighs and booty and smaller bust. I wished I could move some of the weight from my lower regions to my bust. This was the late 80's/early 90's. I wore size 11 juniors. I was always just fitting into the largest size and most pants were usually too short due to my extra long legs. Wore a lot skirts back then.

I weighed 160 when I met my husband and maintained that through birth of our 2 kids in 1994 and 1995. Then I weighed 180-5. I worked 2nd shift and often ate out of the vending machine - candy bars and Diet Coke. Got up to 195 in 2001. I started a new job and they had a weight watchers group. I lost 30 pounds in about 4-5 months and kept all but 5 of it off until I started gaining weight in 2007.

By my late 30's, I was gaining weight rapidly and tired all the time. I remember going to see the doctor. She told me I was just getting to be "that age." When I think about it now, that is just nuts. I ended up gaining 115 pounds over the next 8 years.

I started this WOE 10 months ago and have lost 84 pounds...26 more to go. I have people who have only known me as fat (by 2009 I weighed 230) that are shocked when I say I want to lose 26 more pounds. To be honest, there is a gal I know who confided in me that she weighs 200(I weigh 196). I look smaller than she does (we are the same height). I exercise more regularly than she does and have better muscle tone. I wear a size 12 in today's sizes.

I am an active person. I do activities I enjoy: ice skating 4x/wk, weights 3x/wk, and yoga 5x/wk. I only do things I enjoy. I am not willing to kill myself doing HIIT and running is hard on my knees. I plan to keep on eating LCHF. I am going to do all I can reasonably do to get to 170. If my body wants to stay above that or go below that, it is all good with me.

I want to be fit, healthy, and strong. I am not worried about having a big booty (always going to) or not having thigh gap. That is how my body is built. I am just using numbers on the scale and sizes on clothes as road markers to see how far I've come. I am not going to be body shamed by anyone who thinks my natural body shape is less than.