Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 08:44
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Then get your Atkins book out and read the chapter on OWL phase II of the plan you are doing.

When I considered atkins and read up on finding your CCL aka critical carb level...it scared the bejeebers out of me.... I said "What? I could never do that!.... too hard and complicated for me. "

So thats when I looked into the SBD and it was no counting....thats why I chose it....mind you, I still do have to keep track of the carbier foods that I eat daily...2-3 fruits....2-3 starches(starchy veggie or grain).....if I go over that, I will see gain...but it taught me what I needed to know for my body, about how much of these types of foods that I can eat in a day.

For those with metabolic issues, finding their CCL is vital for their long term health. For those with a healthy metabolism, albeit old in my case , SBD is just fine for me.

Phew! I'm glad you said this, Judy. You had me worried there for a minute. Your use of generalizations in the preceding posts regarding grains and fruits--and "higher" low carb bothered me. This post however, made me feel much more comfortable. Thank you for supporting those of us who do have to work daily with a critical carb level. In fact, we DON'T all NEED fruits, starchy veggies, or even certain portions of grains. In fact, for some of us they are counter productive to our health goals. The mindset of the necessity of ALL food groups caused me to have poor diabetes control--and intense frustration/feeling like a failure for many years. Those of us with metabolic disorders receive a lot of flack from people who do not understand our health goals. Fortunately, I can honestly say that I have the support of my primary care physician AND endocrinologist of my WOE. Plus, those people who know me constantly comment on how much healthier I look and act these days.

I wish all South Beachers and CAD/CALP people well. I sincerely applaud your choice of eating plan. I step forward to support your choice of eating plan. I just want to say that there are Bernstein and Very Low Carbers out here that are also doing great.
Sara<><