Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 16:32

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi ladies! Hope this thing doesn't crash again! Been having hiccups again today and we've had thunder showers moving over so have to jump off when they're near.

Suni, your husband sounds like he is in a deep depression! Has he been checked by his doctor for that? I know several men who have had their prostates removed and none of them have reacted that way. That doesn't mean anything...but I would have him checked. My husband went through a terrible depression brought on by substance abuse about 6 years ago and medication was a life saver for him. Funny thing was the substances that he abused were coffee (caffiene) and cigarettes (nicotine)! Had lots of worries over a job he got put on that had 'gone sour' and he worried himself right into an 'almost' breakdown. See if you can talk to hubby's doctor about that possiblity. Good luck Honey!

Joyce I saw that juice just today! Didn't buy it though because I had something else I wanted to try. I went crazy buying sugar free davinci syrups today! Bought 21 different flavors and just poured a glass of Club Soda...no carbs...and added sf root beer syrup..no carbs. It isn't half bad!! I got all of the syrups at our local Cash and Carry store that supplies the restaurants and such. It's a great place to get some real bargains! For example..I pay almost $7 for the large bottle of davinci in the local Safeway store...it's $3.69 at C & C! How does Toasted Coconut low carb home made ice cream sound?! Or blueberry, or German Chocolate Cake? Oh the possibilities!! I use the hazlenut in my coffee every morning with real cream so I don't have to buy the International coffee creamers any more.

Gotta go check into the excercise thread. See ya later!
Nance