Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #2121   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 09:14

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I too love waking up to a "full" thread- Things to read.
Lets see what to respond to first....... Love it! I guess fashion for me!

Lori- Ok- lets just say when I was the same size as my daughter we shopped same places and she raided my closet ALL the time. I hate the way a "older" woman is supposed to dress. That said, I think the mini skirts are best left for the younger thinner bodies. Do I have one? Oh hell yes. Do I wear it YES! On dates. I It is boarder line though I will say!

I too have a tank with a fun saying on it- It is black with lace flare on the bottom- and says :Be where you want to be! - I wear it all the time too! I bought it last year for the beach and it is so comfy I wear it all the time on the weekends.
Also I don't FEEL old. I think that is MY driving factor.
Talking now to everyone - no offense the the lady who ran for office- but if I had to wear one of those "POWER SUITS"- Oh no way. I think they are ugly. I don't even like those "dress coats" that the British wear. You know the ones that you have seen the ladies wear. They are hideous too.

I have a certain style. I love looking like a WOMAN- 100% WOMAN! I don't NEED pants to feel powerful. Besides nothing TAKES power from a man than a hot woman in red high heels! Thank you very much! HAHAHAHAHAH-

So what is my FAVORITE thing to wear- winter time, yoga pants and tee shirt, summer shorts and tank- flip flops year round. I am the very last hold out to put on real shoes.
I love my bling too! I love something BLUE said once- a pair of earrings doesn't have a SIZE!

Lori- yes still on you. Are you doing your shakes? Maybe doing a week of though to kick start you back on track- so you aren't hungry at night. Also- maybe you can tell your supervisor that you flat can't work nights anymore. You still have a say as a wonderful employee!

BLUE- See thoughts on above pants suits!!!! HAHAHAHAAH- I am right there with ya sister. Every now and again I will see a tall gal like yourself out and about. She will be tall and wearing something "flowing" and look amazing. I have always wondered what it would be like to just be TALL!!!!! But I need to wrap my head around the fact I am not- and be ok. I still ask people to reach for things on the top self in a store ect. Sometimes to my advantage (WINK WINK)- anyway.

So I am very happy that you no longer have that "free falling where are we going mentality". Remember when I was looking for a job and didn't know WHERE I was going to land???? You at least do- and what a peace of mind that is. Plus wide open rooms and a pool. you will be just fine! And with KNOWING where you are going- same neighborhood and stomping ground makes it so much more doable. Not like a whole new life and city to find yourself around. Lets not forget a pool!!!!!!

NIC- wow- loved your posts this week. You have a ton of things all seeming to be going at once! I know you are happy to have your vacay secured up. I am struggling with that at present! More in a minute.
Well- your mom and her fantasy land. That is a hard one for sure. It sounds like though you have some great boundaries with that. That is where the sanity of all that happens. when WE set up those boundaries. I had to do that with my mom too. Even in conversations- I will say- stop or I am just done with this conversation and hang up. I am not disrespecting her- but when she get on her drunkin high horse I just can't deal with it. We are dicey anyway.
So I get complicated. Good thing she lives where she does. HOWEVER, at some point we have a choice to accept them and give boundaries or cut them out.
I think however you have learn what NOT to do with your children. Look at them excel!!!!! You are an excellent mother! You should be proud and hold your head high!

Are you using your pool?! Gosh I have pool envy now! There is a swim club around the corner- a couple blocks- not sure the cost or if it's private. Not even sure if I joined at this point if I would use it to make it worth the money. I might just see. Weekends are just so busy.
I loved my apt- that was the building NEXT to the pool. I could just pop on the swim suit- and no driving, take a swim- and be done. It was in my back yard! Lucky you!

I also love that collectively are taking each other along for the ride in all our transitions. Lovely really!
Is your son still there??

Trig- I know you are one independent dame. But speaking from a place that is a single lady, who is also independent, fierce and spunky. I would love to have a guy that WANTS to be with me! I know you don't want to followed around like mother goose. HOWEVER he has been your provider and knew his "role". Now he is looking to you to help him redefine that in this next chapter.

His "projects"- might just be a way for him to still be "useful". After all most men define them selves by being DOERS. It just takes a minute to adjust- and I am sure you two will.
As much as he or anyone can get on the nerves we are people. People aren't always there. We get sick, pass away, and well you get the point. So when he is driving you crazy with the "busy" of life. Think about how awful the silence would be. That is all I will say about that.

So I know you are getting anxious and chomping at the bit to hit the open road. Tell me again where you are going? I know you have before be I can only hold so much information in this head these days!!!!! Very happy for you!

Kmom- safe travels- you are missed
----------------------------------------------------------------
speaking of the NOISE of life- I am SO frekin happy to have a ME day.
I got a 99% on my big school project and this weekend I will wrap up this quarter- today actually with my last post for this class. I will then be off for 4 weeks- finishing a week early and with a solid A.
It has been rough. But you know what- I feel really great about it. I think I am doing this just for me anyway. Yes I have end game goals. But it is a rather personal thing. I love to challenge myself, writing, learning, and growing keeps me vital and in the game. I will be a life long learner!

I am not even going to talk about work. Ok- just 2 sentences. My boss publicly- thanked the 2 gals for going to MN- to become the super champions super users for the software implementation and never mentioned me. She did it on the BRAVO board. We get credit for going above and beyond and it is seen by the company and gets counted in our evaluations. She totally shut me out.

There is a place on that BOARD to go in and ADD congratulations. SO guess what - I did!!!!!- I wrote this: "JEN"- It was wonderful to get to know you at the super champion event in MN. I look forward to continued collaboration moving forward as we grow our team! " -
Yup- I made sure I put the fact I WAS THERE TOO!!!!-
The thing is that even if my boss M - goes in and sees it. She is too fuckin stupid to know that was aimed at her. On the surface it just looks like I was being nice. WHOA howdy no Ma'am I am not.

I have started a soft job search within my company. I want a lateral, or move up. I need to stay in the company as TRIG- put it so well SCHOOL is my job. My 8-5 pays for my lights and buys me steak now and again!
I also need to find a way to not let her get under my skin. I am ALLOWING her to get there. My fault. But dam- you put 100% and more to get slapped in the face.
That acknowledgement or lack there of was a slap in the face.
I was sharing with a friend here that said I should confront her. I think that would be a mistake. Karma really does have a way of evening the playing field. At some point I will get my shot. And when I do it will be right between the eyes and I will not miss.

Ok- have a jungle to cut. I will need to go over it 2 times and hope the mower doesn't die. It just never stopped raining last week. It's hotter than Hades and oh well- it will be my work out.

Shifted Charleston to St. Simon Island. Beautiful there. Charleston was sold out. Our bad for waiting 3 weeks and making last minute plans. Keep ya posted on that. Will haul out the grill and keep it KETO LOW!
I am up 3 pounds. Stress? Maybe- lack of sleep? Anyway- I am going to get sleep, workout, and just good self love this weekend! I need it!

Have a beautiful day -
PS- need a new Netflix- BLUE what did you recommend?