#235   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 16:43

Plan: Atkins, Newcastle
Stats: 260/221.8/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Highest weight 260
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
My FBG and other readings are coming down slowly with IF and more fiberous veggie carbs. I do take 2T of vinegar before dinner but that's it.

One other point about FBG is back to that "dawn phenonemon". Does it get exaggerated with VLC? As some of you may have noticed by my posts, I am a very early riser, 4-5:30am. Almost always over 100 then. Taking a blood draw when the lab opens at 7am not much better, but wait to 9am, and it starts to look pretty good. Yesterday, was 105 at 5 am, 84 at 9 am (even after coffee with cream). Is this the normal extra pulse of glucose for a non-diabetic at dawn, or more so due VLC? Have no idea myself, just throwing out what I have noticed about timing. Doesn't explain my higher A1c.
Then again, it can be all back to VLC over the long term altering the gut microbiome for some people. But that opens a can of worms, or bacteria

Say, Janet, didn't you say that you attend meetings with Dr. Westman at his Duke diet clinic? If so, have you ever asked him about this phenomenon of high morning readings for long term low carbers? It would be great to hear his opinion on this.