#229   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 10:41

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

http://www.onetouch.com/support/pro...solution?page=2

Quote:
Compare the result displayed on the meter to the control solution range printed on the test strip vial. Each vial of test strips may have a different control solution range. If the results you get are not within this range, the meter and strips may not be working properly. Repeat the control solution test.

Mine says 6.5-8.6 mmol. That's 117-154 mg/dl. I wonder how tightly controlled the control solution itself is? If they could at least say "if the meter/strip reads the control solution perfectly, it should read 135 mg/dl" or something like that, that might be more useful. The stuff would have to have a more limited shelf life, especially after being opened and used, due to evaporation, sedimentation etc.

Most of the strips I've bought for my meter have been in a pretty tight range, assuming that my average fasting blood glucose hasn't changed much from purchase to purchase. I did have one set that read about 30 points higher than the sets bought before and after it.

If you could find a small, lean, non-diabetic child, their fasting blood glucose is likely in the 70's, that's a tighter range than they might be willing to admit to with the solution. I almost suggested this yesterday, inspired by Nancy's avatar (the blood of a small child and all that. Not to worry, dear. Just a little pin-prick...).